Friday, August 28, 2009

Impressions of Childhood

I remember, I remember


I remember I remember
The four o'clock bell at school When I would come home rushing by

swelling with joy

to let the kites go high,
very high in the sky

There was no fear then
of the rays of the sun
Be they violet-ultra or red-infra.

I also remember
the days of the summer evenings
when I would enjoy to the brim, hours on end
the dipping, splashing and playing
in the river that was flowing.

I remember, I remember
how I would pick
a few lines of a song
and keep on humming the whole day long
Then there was no restriction
of time, place and action.

When I look back now
at those good old days
when ignorance was bliss
and innocence was joy

I understand that
I have come a long way
from that state of heaven
that is known as childhood


--- arun jee

1 comment:

  1. Great. You reminded me my childhood.
    Dinesh Bhardwaj

    ReplyDelete